Positioned in one of West End’s most sought after streets is this stunning, elegant Queenslander surrounded by lush tropical gardens. Situated on a 1012m2 allotment with dual access boasting three bedrooms, two bathrooms, WIR and an office that could be used as a fourth bedroom.
The extensive living areas need to be seen to be believed. The classic heritage charm and open plan living extends from the entrance through the lounge/dining area with its lovely traditional archway to the sunroom and on to the large rear deck beyond.
The under house area is simply impressive with room for two vehicles and a boat or trailer, a secure “Man cave” with shelving, laundry and undercover clothes line.
The quarter acre of established, landscaped gardens provides a secluded, tranquil atmosphere which catches the cooling breezes and entices the local wildlife. The substantial paved area at the rear of the property, under shade trees provides extra spaces for entertaining or just a place to relax after a busy day.
This home has been extensively renovated including new electrical wiring & plumbing, insulation, a designer kitchen of New Guinea rosewood. There are ceiling fans, split system air-conditioning and it has been freshly painted inside and out.
This delightful home of extraordinary quality presents a rare opportunity to experience tropical living at its best. Worthy of inspection.
• Fully renovated Queenslander
• Extra-large 1012m2 allotment with dual access
• Gorgeous, well established tropical gardens with irrigation
• 3 generous bedrooms, main with ensuite, all with built ins
• Separate office (or 4th bedroom)
• Numerous living areas including Entrance, Lounge, Dining and Sunroom
• Spacious rear deck perfect for entertaining
• New Guinea Rosewood kitchen with stainless steel appliances
• Massive under house area for undercover parking, “Mancave” and storage
• Ample room for boat, a caravan, a trailer or all three
• Polished timber floor boards
• Freshly painted inside and out
• Tongue and groove walls and ceilings
• Spacious11 ft. ceilings
• Powder coated aluminium louvers throughout
• NBN connected
• Split System Air-Conditioning
• Garden Lighting – 240V mains connected
• Smoke Detectors – 240V mains connected
• Irrigation to all garden beds
• Fully insulated including sizelation and batts
• Spectacular location in a quiet street, close to all amenities, Castle Hill, The Strand and restaurants
1) What influenced you to buy the property?
- Position, Ralston Street is one of the most prestige streets in West End, close to Townsville’s restaurants, CBD, strand, Castle Hill, shops and schools.
- Wide street with gardens, most houses in Ralston Street are owner occupied giving a real sense of community.
- ¼ Acre (1012m2), plenty of space to entertain, play and ample storage for vehicles or boats.
- Solid, well-constructed building which has stood the test of time. This building has endured all that nature has thrown at it for the last 70 years
- The romance of a traditional Queenslander, I just love the timberwork
- Tongue and groove walls and ceilings, polished floor boards
2) What advantages are there in living in your home?
- The property is in a TCC flood free zone and located on the top side of the street so all rain water drains naturally to the street
- Practical layout with main bedroom and on-suite separate from guests bedrooms and bathroom
- Open flowing design of living areas from lounge, dining, sun room to deck
- Secure “Mancave”, Lots of storage for tools and a large area for projects
- The rear deck is a tranquil space to relax and entertain
- Dual access to the property, a vehicle can be driven into the back yard
3) When family or friends visit, what do they point out as the benefits of your home?
- They love the tropical rain forest outlook from the rear deck
- The privacy of the backyard, because the property is on such a large block of land, neighbours are not seen or heard.
- They are surprised how all people living in Ralston Street are very house proud and look out for each other.
- They are surprised that my neighbours in Ralston Street get together occasionally including Christmas drinks.
4) What are the best 5 things about your home?
- Location, It’s only a $15 taxi fare from all the best spots in Townsville
- Peace, privacy and serenity, a rainforest outlook in the city
- The building is as solid as a rock, constructed from timber, concrete and colour bond roofing
- The house feels like a home, the high ceilings and the timberwork emits a good vibe
- The mod-Cons, New kitchen with stainless steel appliances, Split system A/C, NBN