This executive landmark home offers a rare combination of space in abundance and style taking in all the breezes and breathtaking views of Ross River, Castle Hill and beyond. Generous free flowing living on both levels lead out to the expansive entertainment area on ground level and a wrap-around veranda on the 2nd level, extensive use of glass throughout promotes light and breezes while creating the illusion of being directly above the river with views from almost every vantage point throughout the home. Ground Level you will find an expansive kitchen to cater for an army of chefs -Butler’s pantry, 2 family living areas plus a 3rd bathroom, Plantation shutters are on both levels, upstairs polished floorboards, 4 oversize bedrooms, master/ensuite, main bathroom, study, 3rd living room. Inground pool, easy access to river walks. side access for boat/caravan. perfect large family home, 857sqm allotment on the river. Just don’t house your family ...spoil them !!!!
Start by thinking back to when you originally purchased your property
Q. What influenced you to buy the property ?
A. With 4 active teenagers, we needed and found in 18 Karvella a spacious family home in a central, secure, quiet and idyllic riverside location close to high quality schools and sports facilities. The very first time we saw the house it clicked with us, the design, the space and the location.
Q. What advantages are there living in your home?
A. The multiple living areas and large bedrooms provide plenty of space for the whole family, either together or individually. The size of the house means you can have multiple families and friends visit, with the kids settled upstairs and the adults enjoying quite socialising downstairs. The central location and 3 minute drive to the Ring Road provides quick and easy connection to all of Townsville and the surrounding areas.
Q. When friends and family stay what do they point out as the benefits of your home?
A. The spacious central kitchen is the warm heart of 18 Karvella. The space of the downstair open-plan living and the indoor-outdoors flow onto the large verandas and fenced secure yard. The size of the bedrooms. The riverside location, the green tinted light, the cooling breezes, the constant birdsong lift everyone's spirits.
Q.What are the best 5 things about your home?
1. Overlooking the wide green expanses of the river meadow, seeing the tidal cycle and observing the daily life of wallabies and birdlife creates a sense of connection, space and contentment that is like living in the country.
2. The 3 full bathrooms mean no waiting and help keep the peace in the morning rush-hour.
3. The modern tropical design with the long axis of the house facing the north-east, the deep verandas and large windows keep the house fresh & cool. And reduce A/C costs.
4. The massive inground salt-water swimming pool, either for a refreshing solo dip after exercise or come party time proven capable of holding more than 20 rumbunctious teenagers at once.
5. The kids riding their bikes to school or sports along the river path, coming home and walking to Aplin's weir with fishing rods to try and catch a barra for dinner (yes you can!)
Q. Additional comments:
A. We have greatly enjoyed living in 18 Karvella which has been a happy family home for us over the last 10 years, and our prayer is that it will be for your family too.
Disclaimer: Elite Properties Townsville has prepared this information using every endeavour to ensure that the information given is true and accurate but accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of any errors, omissions or inaccuracies that may occur. All prospective purchasers should endeavour to make their own enquiries to verify the accuracy of the information provided.